Episode 18: Balancing Music and Medicine with Kaevon
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
In the Episode
- Kaevon shares his life experiences that have lead him to Medical School at USC and starting a band with other med students. They formed the band The Anastomoses.
- He always had the arts in his life and an affinity for music. His parents were supportive and his dad even pursued music for a time.
- We talk about how identity and early life influence your path and touch a bit on current situations regarding being a Med student during COVID-19.
- We hear from Kaevon about the challenges of starting a band when you are a bass player, and learn about the purpose of the band in just creating music to create.
- Identity is a huge part of our day to day lives and Kaevon shares his approach to the arts and his career together.
- Local artists are facing new challenges with mass media and competing to be heard by the masses. Only a few artists are leading the culture and beating the competition. Kaevon shares his thoughts on why that is happening and what is being lost due to it.
- It is a huge benefit to have diversity and a variety of experiences shared in the arts. For Kaevon it is important that people with all life careers and experiences share their art because it will create something new that a full time content creator can’t imagine.